Thank you for submitting nominations for next year’s Board. We have reached out to everyone who was nominated and are pleased to announce the following slate of nominees:
- President: Tamara Evans
- 1st Vice President: Nicole Foster
- 2nd Vice President: Zaneta Bosley
- Treasurer: Leslie Watkins
- Financial Secretary: Lisa Villamor
- Recording Secretary: [vacant]
- Corresponding Secretary: Laura Brim
As you can see, we are still in need of a Recording Secretary. We are also still accepting nominations for all of the positions. Nominations are not closed until the election takes place. Therefore, if you would like to be more involved or know of someone that would be a great addition to our Board, please submit the nomination form below. Your nomination can be emailed to MayfairBandPresident@gmail.com by 8:00pm on April 20th to be included on the ballot.
The following Board positions will be appointed by the incoming President: Parliamentarian, and Liaisons for Color Guard, Percussion and Orchestra. The incoming President will also select Committee Chairpersons such as Uniforms, Ways & Means, and Equipment Transportation.
Due to the current Safer at Home restrictions, we will be unable to hold elections in person at the April 21st meeting. Therefore, we will be sending an email with a survey to all active booster members. One email per family will allow two people to vote. You will receive the email by 10:00am on the 21st and you will be able to respond until 7:45pm. Active members and voting rights are defined by the following articles. (Note: It is not too late to submit membership dues and be eligible to vote on the 21st. Email MayfairBandTreasurer@gmail.com if you would like to join.) NOTE: If we do not receive additional nominations, we will forego the email ballot and hold elections from the floor during the meeting.
B. Active Members
- An Active Member is a parent/guardian of an IMD [Instrumental Music Dept] member, alumnae parent, or student of the age of 21, who has paid dues as provided in Article VIII section 3.
- Active alumnae parents or students are not eligible to serve the positions of President, Treasurer or Financial Secretary.
- Dues for Active Members shall be $10.00 per family. Dues are payable by the second meeting of the current academic year. Paid members shall be considered members in good standing.
- An entire family shall constitute one Active Membership and will be entitled to two votes.
- When membership dues are paid after the second meeting of the current academic year, voting eligibility begins at the next general meeting.
APRIL 21st BOOSTER MEETING
Mark your calendars … we will be holding a virtual booster meeting at 7:00pm on April 21st. More info to come soon. Hope to see all your faces there!