It is time to nominate people to serve in Booster Board positions for the 2023-2024 school year. Next in the series of posts … the Financial Team . Our current Financial Secretary, Leslie Watkins, has a graduating student. This year Leslie has been working alongside the Treasurer, Pam Griffith.
Click here to submit your nominations! Deadline extended 4/7.
What the Financial Team does …
- The Treasurer and Financial Secretary work together to cover all aspects of the positions. The bylaws describe the official responsibilities for each but there is some flexibility for the team to share responsibilities. This is a great option for a pair of friends to work together!
- Bookkeeping is done on Quicken. Training is available to help you learn the system. You will track student obligations/credits and send invoices as needed.
- The treasurer gives a monthly report at the Board and Booster meetings.
- Perform banking tasks such as depositing money and writing checks.
- The financial tram works with the Ways & Means (fundraising) Officer to track income during fundraisers and credit student accounts when applicable.
The official description of the treasurer position from the bylaws: The Treasurer shall receive all monies for the association and shall deposit them in the name of the association in a bank approved by the Executive Board. The Treasurer shall pay out sums only on Board approval. Checks shall be signed by two members of the Executive Board. The Treasurer shall keep an accurate record of receipts and reimbursements and shall present a statement of account at every meeting of the association and when requested by the Executive Board. The Treasurer shall make a full annual report to the association at the April meeting. The Treasurer shall also maintain a current list of Active Members. The Treasurer shall present all financial documentation to the district and the tax accountant in the fall. They shall prepare the annual budget along with the President, Financial Secretary, incoming officers of said positions, and Band Director.
The official description of the financial secretary position from the bylaws: The Financial Secretary shall in the absence or disability of the treasurer perform all duties of the treasurer and, when so acting, shall have all the powers of and be subject to the restrictions of the treasurer. The Financial Secretary shall also keep and maintain adequate and correct books and records including all receipts and disbursements and showing each activity separately, as well as a complete record of all funds related to Booster/Student fundraisers and the Mayfair Hosted Field Show tournaments. They shall prepare the annual budget along with the President, Treasurer, incoming officers of said positions, and Band Director.
If you have any questions or want more information, email Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org or Leslie at email@example.com.
The nominations will be closed on April 7, 2023. The slate containing all nominees who have accepted their nomination(s), will then be posted online. Voting will take place at the April Booster meeting: Tuesday, April 18, 2022. All positions, including vacancies on the slate of nominees, will be open for nominations from the floor on April 18th. Only Booster members that have paid their $10 membership fee are eligible to vote. It’s not too late to pay! Contact MayfairBandTreasurer@gmail.com before April 7th to be eligible.